If you are looking for easy cookie recipes, try this one.
These peanut cookies are filled with the salty Spanish peanuts that still have their skins on. They are very easy to make and I think everyone will love them. Peanut lovers will for sure.
Of course, if someone has a peanut allergy, feel free to substitute another nut.
This recipe uses almost no flour. You won’t believe the dough will actually bake into a cookie, but it does and a delicious one at that.
I have tried a similar recipe to this one, using peanut butter and NO flour, and believe it or not, they are fabulous too.
Easy Cookie Recipes: Peanut Cookies
- 1 pound peanuts, Spanish
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- peanuts , extra, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Crush the peanuts with a rolling pin. Place them in a small bowl and stir in the flour.
- Beat the eggs. Beat in the sugar. Add the vanilla. Stir in the nut-flour mixture.
- Drop onto greased baking sheets. Add extra peanuts on top.
- Bake at 300°F until the edges begin to brown, about 7 to 10 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Let the pan cool slightly before you remove the cookies. Tap the pan sharply against the table to loosen the cookies from the pan. Remove them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 5 dozen yummy peanut cookies.
- Feel free to use peanuts that have been skinned, but I wouldn’t use unsalted peanuts. That bit of salt in the recipe really adds a lot of flavor.
- If you can’t use peanuts use chopped nuts of any kind. I would try to stick with salted nuts. As I said above, the bit of salt really does add flavor. You can of course substitute nuts like walnuts or pecans if you prefer.
- Add extra flavor by adding in 1/2 cup of chocolate or butterscotch chips before baking.