Easy tofu recipes like this tasty dip or spread make even non-vegetarians happy.
You can use it this vegan appetizer recipe as a vegetable dip or a spread on crusty bread, pita breads or whole grain crackers.
If you are not familiar with using tofu, you can usually find it quite easily in most grocery stores. It is often kept in the vegetable and produce area of the store.
You can buy tofu in blocks, packaged in a container. It comes in soft, medium or firm. The firm tofu is used for this recipe.
This recipe for tofu is very healthy. In addition to the tofu, which has lots of low fat, non-meat based protein, the recipe also adds in healthy olive oil.
Every ingredient in this recipe is healthy. Garlic cloves are super anti-oxidents. Both lemon juice and cider vinegar have amazing health properties. (See about the health benefits of lemons and lemon juice here)
Recipes for tofu are perfect for vegetarians and vegans, or anyone who wants to cut down on meat and dairy and still have a fantastic tasting dip recipe to serve.
Give it a try. Even if you don’t think you will be a fan of tofu recipes, you might just be surprised at how good this dip recipe is.
Easy Tofu Recipes: Savory Tofu Spread
- 1 package firm tofu
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, to your taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, or cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped, or thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the tofu with the oil in a food processor and purée it until it is smooth. Scrape down the sides. Add the mustard, lemon juice or vinegar, parsley and basil or thyme. Pulse to blend until it is smooth. Add the salt and pepper.
- Place the dip in a bowl and refrigerate it until you are ready to use it, up to a day.
- Serve with fresh raw vegetables bread sticks or chunks of whole grain bread for dipping, or use as a spread on bread or vegetables.
Serves 8 as an appetizer.
This tofu recipe is also gluten free, nut free, egg free and dairy free, a benefit for the many people have food allergies and sensitivities. This is also a great diabetic recipe.