This garlic eggplant dip recipe is a good vegetable dip that is also healthy for you!
Full of healthy ingredients like garlic and lemon juice, two foods on our list of 10 healthiest foods to eat.
Actually, every single ingredient in this recipe is healthy, from the eggplant itself, to the garlic, onions, parsley and lemon juice.
Can’t get much healthier than that for a healthy appetizer recipe. Each ingredient in this tasty appetizer recipe is fantastically healthy for us.
This garlicky eggplant treat is also low fat and low fat appetizers can be difficult to come by!
Give it a try and see if you have found a new taste treat.
Garlic Eggplant Dip Recipe
- 2 eggplants, small, pierced with fork
- 1 onion, small, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, or 2 teaspoons dried
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Place whole eggplants in baking dish; bake for 40 minutes or until very soft, turning once. Remove from oven, cut in half and let stand until cool enough to handle. Scoop out pulp.
- In food processor, place eggplant pulp, onion, garlic, lemon juice and parsley. Process until smooth.
- Serve with pieces of crusty bread or vegetables like endive (the leaves make great dippers), or green or red peppers.
- For added flavor, add 3 to 4 tablespoons of Middle Eastern tahini. It is made from ground sesame seeds and will add a lovely richness and flavor to the dip.
This healthy appetizer recipe works for so many special diets. If you need diabetic recipes, low carb recipes or gluten free recipes, this eggplant dip will work wonderfully for you.