This is one of my aunt Nancy’s favorite summer salad recipes, and I have to say it is now one of mine!
She made this molded lime jello salad for a recent family get together and it disappeared very, very quickly.
Note that the image above shows a double recipe. 1 lot of the recipe makes 4 servings.
When the weather gets warm it’s time for something cool.
This carrot and jello salad recipe isn’t just a summer salad though. It works beautifully for any buffet table or family dinner.
The ingredients may sound odd together but I encourage you to try it. It’s really delicious!
Favorite Summer Salad Recipes:Lime and Carrot Jello Salad
- 3 ounces lime jello, 1 box
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, or lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, grated
- Stir jelly powder in boiling water until dissolved. Whisk in sour cream and juice.Stir in 1 1/2 cups grated carrot. Turn into an oiled 4 cup mold.
- Refrigerate at least until firm, about 2 hours. If possible, stir about 1/2 hour into the chilling, to mix the carrots through the jello.
- Serves 4 people but can easily be multiplied to serve more.
- If you are feeding a group, multiply everything by 5 and it will fill a standard bundt pan. The bundt pan molds it into a beautiful shape too.
- Use sugar free jelly powder and light sour cream to cut the calories if you wish, but cut down on the amount of water by just a tiny bit.
- Try different combinations. For example, lemon jello might taste wonderful with well drained pineapple pieces. Cherry jello with pieces of fresh cherries?