Favorite Summer Salad Recipes: 2013-05-05
Lime and Carrot Jello Salad
Average Member Rating
(4.5 / 5)
11 people rated this recipe
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 10m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat85
This is one of my aunt Nancy’s favorite summer salad recipes, and I have to say it is now one of mine!
She made this molded lime jello salad for a recent family get together and it disappeared very, very quickly.
- 1 - 3 ounce package lime jello powder
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, grated
Stir jelly powder in boiling water until dissolved. Whisk in sour cream and juice.Stir in 1 1/2 cups grated carrot. Turn into an oiled 4 cup mold.
Refrigerate at least until firm, about 2 hours. If possible, stir about 1/2 hour into the chilling, to mix the carrots through the jello.
Serves 4 people but can easily be multiplied to serve more.
- If you are feeding a group, multiply everything by 5 and it will fill a standard bundt pan. The bundt pan molds it into a beautiful shape too.
- Use sugar free jelly powder and light sour cream to cut the calories if you wish, but cut down on the amount of water by just a tiny bit.
- Try different combinations. For example, lemon jello might taste wonderful with well drained pineapple pieces. Cherry jello with pieces of fresh cherries?
Note that the image shows a double recipe.
When the weather gets warm it’s time for something cool.
This carrot and jello salad recipe isn’t just a summer salad though. It works beautifully for any buffet table or family dinner.
The ingredients may sound odd together but I encourage you to try it. It’s really delicious!
If you like this recipe, I’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it and Like it on Facebook. Add your own favorite recipes in the comments section below.