This delicious ham loaf recipe is a great way to use up any ham leftovers.
It is combined with ground fresh pork plus egg, milk and bread crumb in the traditional style of a meat loaf.
The ham adds a wonderful taste to the meatloaf.
Recipes for leftover ham, or any leftovers for that matter, are always a hit with me because they take great tasting food and use it in a slightly different way.
It is a great way to keep your family from being bored with leftovers.
Savory Ham Loaf Recipe
- 3/4 pound ham, ground
- 1/4 pound ground pork
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 onion, small, chopped fine (optional)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs, fine
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard, to taste (optional)
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- Grind the ham using a food processor or put it through a meat grinder. Mix the ground ham thoroughtly with the fresh ground pork, beaten egg, milk, bread crumbs and pepper. Shape the mixture into 2 smaller loaves or one large one and place them in a shallow baking pan.
- You may want to try smearing the tops of the loaves with a bit of honey mustard before baking (or hot mustard if you prefer). Not too much though, as it is a very strong flavor.
- Bake for 1 hour or a bit more if necessary to cook the pork and brown the loaves.
- You can also replace the honey mustard with an equal amount of tomato sauce to top the meat loaf.
- For individual ham loaves make the recipe as indicated above, but shape ham mixture into 4 tiny loaf pans and bake for 40 minutes.
- Use Italian flavored bread crumbs for a bit of added taste.
- If you really want to kick up the nutritional content, add more vegetables. Try adding finely chopped green or red pepper. They also add a bit of color. Corn kernels also work.
Sign up here and be the first to get new recipes and tips.
Our ham loaf recipe is great for leftovers. Look through our other ham recipes here.
If you like this recipe, please take a moment to share it on your favorite social media. Thanks a lot.