Savory Ham Loaf Recipe2013-05-07
Average Member Rating
(4.7 / 5)
10 people rated this recipe
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 1:10 h
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat97
This delicious ham loaf recipe is a great way to use up any ham leftovers.
It is combined with ground fresh pork plus egg, milk and bread crumb in the traditional style of a meat loaf.
Ham Loaf Recipe
- 3/4 pound smoked ham, ground
- 1/4 pound fresh pork, ground
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 small onion, chopped fine (optional)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup fine bread crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- honey mustard, to taste (optional)
Heat the oven to 350°F.
Grind the ham using a food processor or put it through a meat grinder. Mix the ground ham thoroughtly with the fresh ground pork, beaten egg, milk, bread crumbs and pepper. Shape the mixture into 2 smaller loaves or one large one and place them in a shallow baking pan.
You may want to try smearing the tops of the loaves with a bit of honey mustard before baking (or hot mustard if you prefer). Not too much though, as it is a very strong flavor.
Bake for 1 hour or a bit more if necessary to cook the pork and brown the loaves.
- For individual ham loaves make the recipe as indicated above, but shape ham mixture into 4 tiny loaf pans and bake for 40 minutes.
- Use Italian flavored bread crumbs for a bit of added taste.
- If you really want to kick up the nutritional content, add more vegetables. Try adding finely chopped green or red pepper. They also add a bit of color. Corn kernels also work.
Recipes for leftover ham, or any leftovers for that matter, are always a hit with me because they take great tasting food and use it in a slightly different way.
It is a great way to keep your family from being bored with leftovers.
If you like this recipe, I’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and add your own recipes to share below.