This delectable mahi mahi recipe combines that terrific tasting fish with butter and macadamia nuts.
It is a perfect combination. When I think of either of those ingredients, my thoughts go directly to Hawaii, that paradise on earth.
Grilled mahi mahi is an amazing tasting dish and one served all over the islands.
When I visited Hawaii, the mahi mahi was SO good, I literally ate it at least once a day, sometimes twice for the whole time I was there.
You can create that great island taste right at home on your own grill using this recipe. And with the addition of the delectable macadamia nut butter drizzled over the fish, you won’t miss the islands at all. You’ll have it in your own kitchen.
This healthy fish recipe suits so many restricted diets. It is gluten free, low carb and perfect if you need diabetic recipes.
The recipe comes from a cookbook called 300 Big & Bold Barbecue & Grilling Recipes. It is one of my favorite barbecue and grilling cookbooks and has many wonderful grilled fish recipes, plus so much more.
Mahi Mahi Recipe with Macadamia Butter
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted, softened
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley , fresh, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 24 ounces mahi mahi fillets, skinless , 4 fillets
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, nuts, parsley and lemon juice.
- Prepare a hot fire in your grill or bring your indoor grill to medium high.
- Rinse the fish and pat dry with paper towels. Brush the fish with olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place the fish flesh side down on the grill. Grill for 10 minutes per inch of thickness, turning once, until the fish is firm.
- Serve each fillet with a dollop of Macadamia butter.
- If not serving the Macadamia butter immediately, spoon it into a ramekin and cover with plastic wrap. Store in the refrigerator for up to a week or wrap in additional freezer plastic and freeze for up to 3 months.
If you like this recipe, I would really appreciate it if you share it on social media. Thanks.