If you like Indian chutney try this mango chutney recipe, originally submitted by Sheila Sharma from Kolkata, West Bengal, India. It is as authentic as it gets.
Sheila says: This is a sweet, sour and spicy chutney…try it…
I think just about anything tastes good if there is a mango in it. so I’m sure this will be delicious.
Serve it with your favorite Indian foods or even something like roasted chicken or pork. Fabulous.
The ingredients are :
Mango Chutney Recipe
- 4 mangoes
- 1 cup sugar, about 8 ounces
- 1 tablespoon fenugreek, methi powder (roasted dry and ground)
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder, roasted dry and ground
- 3 cups water
- Peel the mango and cut it into small pieces. Boil it with salt and water.
- Add sugar and stir nicely. Keep aside to cool and when cooled add fenugreek and chili powder.