This is a delightful mango chutney recipe.
It is a perfect blend of sweet and savory, with a bit of a kick from jalapeno peppers. You can easily adjust the amount of heat to your taste.
Chutneys are a wonderful accompaniment to meats and this one works with fish as well.
Traditionally, Indian chutney is served alongside a curry and is used to sweeten up the meal a bit and cool down the heat of the curry.
You don’t need to be a curry fan though to love this chutney recipe.
It’s delicious served with chicken, turkey, pork, lamb or fish.
Give it a try and let me know what you think.
How to Make Mango Chutney
- 1 mango, cut into small cubes
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons jalapeno pepper, or chili pepper, minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, fresh
- 1 teaspoon ginger, fresh, peeled & minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mace
- pinch ground cloves, or cinnamon
- Add all the ingredients to a large saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until the mango has become soft.
- Let the chutney cool before serving. It's great served on grilled fish or as a spread on a chicken or turkey sandwich.
- You can process this recipe using a boiling water bath and it will keep indefinitely. It makes a great gift idea. Or pack in jars to keep or give away. If not processed in a boiling water bath though it will not keep as long.
Adding us to your favorite social media sites would be very appreciated too.