Oat Bran Pancake Recipe2013-05-13
Average Member Rating
(4.8 / 5)
12 people rated this recipe
- Yield : 10 pancakes
- Servings : 3 to 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 20m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat157
This oat bran pancake recipe can be adjusted to become a recipe for oat flour pancakes.
It is one of those wonderful Quaker oats recipes that is delicious as well as nutritious.
Oat Bran Pancake Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup oats
- 3/4 cup sifted all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup oat flour or oat bran
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or equivalent in sugar substitute)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine
Pour the milk over the oats and let them stand for 5 minutes. Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
Lightly stir the eggs into the oats mixture. Add the dry ingredients and butter, stirring until combined.
Ladle in batches on to a greased or non-stick griddle or frying pan and cook until the tops are bubbly and the edges look cooked. Turn over and finish cooking the other side.
The recipe as given makes about 10 medium size pancakes, but it can easily be multiplied to serve a larger group.
Tips and variations:
- Try replacing 1/2 the flour with whole wheat flour for an even more nutritious recipe.
- These days, most of us don’t sift anything very much. Sifting involves pouring the ingredients through a mesh strainer. It is not essential to the recipe but does ensure a lighter pancake and that all ingredients are well mixed.
- Add blueberries or chopped banana for great flavor. It’s easiest to add them one by one to the batter on the pan. As it cooks on one side, dot the top with blueberries or small pieces of banana. They will cook into the pancake when you flip it over to cook on the other side.
If you want to enjoy pancakes, but healthier pancakes, please give this recipe a try. I think you will really love it.
If you like this recipe, I’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment and your favorite recipes below.
Oats and oat bran are SO healthy for you.
Oats are one of our 10 healthiest foods. You can read more about the nutritional benefits of oats and oat bran here.