Quiche Recipe: Ham and Cheese Quiche2013-05-18
Average Member Rating
(3.7 / 5)
12 people rated this recipe
- Yield : 1 - 9" pie
- Servings : 4 to 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 40m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat220
Many people think a quiche recipe must be difficult to make but our easy ham and cheese quiche will quickly change your mind.
Just pour all of the ingredients into an unbaked pie shell, homemade or frozen, pop it into the oven, and half an hour later you are enjoying it.
Ham and Cheese Quiche Recipe
- 9" unbaked pie shell
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped cooked ham
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion or green onion
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup table cream
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 375ºF.
Place ham in bottom of unbaked pie shell; pack down lightly. Top with Swiss cheese. Beat together eggs, onion, mustard and salt. Gradually stir in cream. Pour over ham and cheese layers in pie shell. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over surface. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until set.
- Cheddar cheese or Gruyere cheese can be used instead of Swiss cheese. Any cheese actually that melts well and is strong and tasty.
- For great presentation and added taste, add a few thin slices of tomato to the quiche before baking as in the image above.
- Add more healthy nutrition by adding a few chopped vegetables. Broccoli works well, chopped fine, as do chopped red or green peppers.
- Omit the ham and you will have a perfect vegetarian quiche.
Quiche is an easy dinner recipe, but is also great for lunch, brunch or even breakfast.
If you like this recipe, I’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment below.