Many people think a quiche recipe must be difficult to make but our easy ham and cheese quiche will quickly change your mind.
It’s an easy mix of eggs, cream (or milk), ham and cheese.
Just pour all of the ingredients into an unbaked pie shell, homemade or frozen, pop it into the oven, and half an hour later you are enjoying it.
Quiche is an easy dinner recipe, but is also great for lunch, brunch or even breakfast.
Ham and Cheese Quiche Recipe
- 1 pie shell, 9" unbaked
- 1 1/2 cups cooked ham, finely chopped
- 2 cups Swiss cheese, shredded
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons onion, finely chopped, or green onion
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup table cream
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Place ham in bottom of unbaked pie shell; pack down lightly. Top with Swiss cheese. Beat together eggs, onion, mustard and salt. Gradually stir in cream. Pour over ham and cheese layers in pie shell. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over surface.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until set.
- Cheddar cheese or Gruyere cheese can be used instead of Swiss cheese. Any cheese actually that melts well and is strong and tasty.
- For great presentation and added taste, add a few thin slices of tomato to the quiche before baking as in the image above.
- Add more healthy nutrition by adding a few chopped vegetables. Broccoli works well, chopped fine, as do chopped red or green peppers.
- Omit the ham and you will have a perfect vegetarian quiche.