This amazing barbecued ribeye steak recipe comes from a cookbook called America’s Best BBQ.
This steak recipe combines smoking and barbecue so it requires both a smoker and grill.
If you like your ribeye steak recipes with lots of flavor and just a bit of heat, this recipe is definitely one for you to try.
The cookbook this recipe comes from contains a collection of barbecue recipes from the best barbecue restaurants and “shacks” throughout the US.
This particular recipe is a specialty of the Ranch House BBQ Steakhouse in Olympia, WA.
It features a delicious and savory rub that is perfect for any kind of beef – a mix of a bit of sweet and lots of savory flavors like garlic, lemon pepper, oregano and chipotle pepper powder.
You will also notice a bit of sugar in this recipe. You can leave it out if you want, but this recipe serves so many people that the bit of sugar per serving shouldn’t hurt.
This recipe serves a LOT of people. Of course you can start out with a much smaller piece of meat and simply adjust the amount of seasonings you use accordingly.
Barbecued Ribeye Steak
- Barbecue grill
- 1/3 cup yellow mustard
- 13 pounds beef rib eye, whole, about 13 pounds
- 2 tablespoons white cane sugar
For the Rub:
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground oregano
- 2 teaspoons finely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- Combine all the ingredients for the rub in an airtight container and store until ready to use, or up to 6 months.
- Lightly brush the yellow mustard all over your rib eye. Lightly sprinkle on the dry rub to coat the meat.
- Preheat your smoker to 225°F. Place the meat fat side up in the smoker and cook for approximately 1 hour.
- Let cool completely. Cut the meat into desired steak size. Ranch House keeps it big - a full pound.
- Grill the steaks over hot coals to your desired doneness.
- Serve and enjoy.
This is a great gluten free, low carb and diabetes recipe. It suits a lot of restricted diets.
Subscribe to the site here and never miss a great recipe.
If you like grilling recipes and ribeye steak, you will probably love our tri tip recipe. Find it here.
If you like this recipe, please take a moment to share it on your favorite social media. Thanks a lot.