This tasty rice salad recipe is chock a block full of goodness. It has lots of vegetables, a bit of meat and lots of flavor.
It would make a nice lunch or brunch recipe. All you need is a side salad and you’re done.
This easy recipe was originally shared with the Cookingnook.com community by Holly from Sudbury, ON, Canada. Thanks Holly.
Easy Rice Salad
- 2 cups instant rice, cooked and cooled
- 1 can mushrooms, sliced and drained or whole button mushrooms
- 6 ounces chicken, cooked and diced
- 1/2 can green beans, drained
- 7 ounces canned tomatoes, diced and drained
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise, heaping
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup soya sauce
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- Mix all ingredients together. Sprinkle the top with some Parmesan cheese, a shake of parsley and a twist or two of pepper for garnish and refrigerate for a while before serving.