Easy Rice Salad2013-07-12
Average Member Rating
(4.8 / 5)
4 people rated this recipe
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 10m
This tasty rice salad recipe is chock a block full of goodness. It has lots of vegetables, a bit of meat and lots of flavor.
It would make a nice lunch or brunch recipe. All you need is a side salad and you’re done.
- 2 cups cooked instant rice (cooled)
- 1 can sliced, drained or whole button mushrooms
- 1 can cooked chicken or 6 ounces leftover chicken, diced
- 1/2 can seasoned green beans, drained
- 1/2 small can diced tomatoes, drained
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise (heaping)
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup soya sauce
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
Mix all ingredients together. Sprinkle the top with some Parmesan cheese, a shake of parsley and a twist or two of pepper for garnish and refrigerate for a while before serving.
This easy recipe was originally shared with the Cookingnook.com community by Holly from Sudbury, ON, Canada. Thanks Holly.