These shrimp kabobs are succulent and tasty.
They are drenched in a savory marinade, with a bit of sweet from pineapple juice, then grilled to perfection.
To add color, flavor and nutrition, the skewered shrimp are alternated with pineapple chunks and pieces of pepper.
Grilled shrimp is a real warm weather treat and this is a great grilling recipe for outdoor entertaining.
Just multiply the marinade recipe ingredients by as much as you need to feed a larger crowd.
This is a healthy grilling recipe. The shrimp are a great lean protein.
If you need this recipe to be gluten free, make sure your salad dressing is gluten free.
- 1 pound shrimp, large, unpeeled fresh
- 15 1/4 ounces canned pineapple, undrained chunks
- 8 ounces Italian salad dressing
- 8 ounces canned tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 green pepper, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 cups cooked rice, hot
- 4 skewers, long wooden or metal
- Peel and devein the shrimp.
- Drain the pineapple reserving 1/4 cup of juice. Combine the pineapple juice, the salad dressing, tomato sauce, sugar and mustard in a shallow dish. Mix well. Add the shrimp, tossing gently to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade, reserving the marinade. Alternate shrimp, pineapple and green pepper on 4 skewers. Grill over medium hot coals 3-4 minutes on each side or until done, basting with the marinade.
- Heat the reserved marinade and place it in a bowl for serving. Serve over rice with hot marinade.
- If you are using wooden skewers, make sure to soak them in water for at least 30 minutes prior to grilling. If you don’t the skewers will catch fire and burn. Not pretty.
- Use a mix of red, yellow and green peppers for wonderful color.
- This recipe easily multiplies to serve as many people as you would like.
This is a fair diabetic recipe, although it does have sugar plus pineapple, which is a very sweet fruit. If you eat this as a diabetic, avoid the rice and pair it with a large salad and lots of vegetables. That way it’s a much healthier diabetes recipe.
Subscribe to the site here and never miss a great recipe.
If you like these shrimp kabobs, have a look at another of our grilled shrimp recipes here.
If you like this recipe, I would really appreciate it if you share it on social media. Thanks.