This smoked salmon recipe is an amazing tasting appetizer.
It is smoked salmon rolled into light and airy crepes, with cream cheese, chives and a bit of peppery horseradish.
The crepes can be made ahead and frozen or refrigerated until ready to use. Our easy basic recipe for crepes can be found here.
Smoked salmon appetizers like this salmon crepes recipe are wonderful party finger foods.
I consider this an acceptable diabetes diet recipe because it is relatively low carb and although it has fatty cream cheese, it’s an appetizer, so you don’t eat a plateful. Well, you may if you like it as much as I do. 🙂
They are elegant enough to serve at your best cocktail party, but easy enough to make for any casual get together.
Appetizer Smoked Salmon Recipe
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chives, minced
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 6 crepes
- 6 slices smoked salmon, very thin slices
- Mix the cream cheese, sour cream, salt, pepper, chives and horseradish. Spread the mixture evenly on the crepes.
- Place a slice of salmon over each crepe. Roll up the crepes. Refrigerate until time to serve.
- When ready to serve, just slice each crepe into 4-5 crosswise pieces. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Makes 24-30 appetizers.
- Make them look pretty: Wrap each roll with a thin strip of chive. Knot it and cut the ends, leaving about 1/4 inch on each end. Very pretty presentation.
- Love dill? Simply substitute fresh chopped dill for the chives. Decorate the rolls with a twig of dill.