This recipe for stir fried asparagus is a wonderful side dish or vegetarian main course.
The asparagus is paired with sesame oil and ginger and topped with crunchy chopped cashews.
This is a great vegetarian recipe but if you really want, you can add some chopped chicken to the recipe too. If you are using raw chicken, cook it with the ginger for a minute or two more. Remove it from the pan and add it back when you add the cashews.
Add cubed tofu to make this recipe a full vegetarian main course.
This is an extremely healthy recipe. Asparagus is very cleansing for our system and of course ginger is filled with nutritional benefits. This healthy stir fry recipe is also gluten free, quite low carb and a great diabetic recipe.
Stir Fried Asparagus with Ginger and Cashews
- 1 1/2 pounds asparagus, cleaned and cut into 1 1/2" pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup cashews, chopped
- Heat the oils together in a wok or fry pan over medium high heat. Cook the ginger for 1 minute, stirring often. Add the asparagus and cook for 4 minutes, until barely tender and still bright green.
- Stir in the soy sauce and cashews and continue cooking for 2 more minutes to heat through.
Makes 6 servings. Serve over rice or Chinese noodles.
- Sesame oil adds a wonderful savory flavor, but I find toasted sesame oil even better. The flavor goes a long way though, so don’t add too much. The 2 teaspoons called for in the recipe are plenty.
- If you need this recipe to be gluten free, make sure the soy sauce you are using is gluten free.
If you like this recipe, I’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment and your favorite recipes below.