This is a fantastic recipe for Thai chicken.
The original recipe calls for chicken thighs, but you can really use anything from thighs to chicken legs, boneless chicken breasts or even chicken wings.
Make this easy chicken recipe as mild or as spicy as you like by adjusting the amount of hot sauce you use.
Thai Chicken Thighs
- 1/3 cup green onions, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, or to your taste
- 2 pounds chicken thighs, or legs, breasts or wings
- 2 tablespoons coriander or parsley, fresh, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup of the onions, garlic, hoisin sauce, peanut butter, ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil, lemon juice and hot pepper sauce.
- Arrange chicken in a shallow baking dish. Spoon sauce over chicken and bake in a preheated 375°F oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the chicken is golden brown and the juices run clear when the chicken is pierced with a fork.
Sprinkle with the remaining green onion and coriander to serve.
Makes 4 servings.
This recipe has a nice, well rounded flavor profile (fancy way of saying it tastes great!). I love the mix of garlic, always a favorite ingredient of mine in just about anything except dessert, ginger and peanut butter. The sesame oil adds a definite Asian touch.
If you don’t have coriander or parsley, don’t worry about it. They are just used as a garnish, and although they do add a lot of nice flavor, you can easily omit them and still have a great dish.
I would serve this Thai chicken recipe with Asian sesame noodles and some stir fried vegetables.
This recipe is gluten free if you make sure your soy sauce and hosin sauce are gluten free. Not all are.
You’ll find another Thai chicken recipe here.
Subscribe to the site here (it’s Free!) and never miss a great recipe.
If you like this recipe, I would really appreciate it if you share it on social media. Thanks.
If you like this Thai chicken recipe, have a look at our other Thai recipes here.