This tomato salsa recipe was contributed by Maureen Fipke of Camrose, Alberta, Canada.
It is a salsa that you make in a large batch and “can” in hot sterilized jars. You can have your own jars of delicious salsa any time with this easy salsa recipe.
This is a great way to have delicious homemade tomato salsa any time you want it. Much better than store bought.
Removing the seeds from the jalapeno takes away the some of heat. You can decide by taste how much heat you want. Use less hot peppers if you don’t like heat or add a bit of your favorite hot sauce if you want more heat.
Can Your Own Tomato Salsa
- 10 cups tomatoes, chopped, I use canned diced
- 5 cups green peppers, yellow, red or orange, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups jalapeno, chopped, or any hot pepper of your choice
- 5 cups onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon pickling salt
- 1/2 cup garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 cup pure apple cider vinegar
- Put all in a heavy bottom Dutch oven and heat until simmering, let simmer for about one hour. Pour hot into sterilized jars and seal.