Rainbow trout recipes are so easy to make, even if they sound fancy.
Trout Amandine (or Trout Almondine) is simply trout with almonds. It is one of the easiest fish recipes you can make.
With a few simple ingredients and in less than 10 minutes you will have a delicious easy dinner recipe for family or for entertaining.
This trout amandine recipe is very healthy and lean. Each ingredient brings it’s own fabulous health benefits. Pair it with rice and green beans for a simple but delicious dinner.
This trout recipe is easily done under the broiler. You could also bake it, but the broiler gives that bit of crisp to the skin.
Almond trout is not only a healthy fish recipe, but a great low carb recipe as well. It is also gluten free and a perfect diabetic recipe.
I love rainbow trout. It is one of my favorite fish. If you haven’t tried it, it is a bit like salmon, but much more delicate in texture and flavor.
Trout Recipes: Rainbow Trout Amandine
- 2 pounds rainbow trout fillets
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced and toasted
- 1/4 cup parsley, fresh, chopped
- Preheat the oven's broiler.
- Lightly coat the rack of a broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Rinse the fish and pat it dry. Rub the trout fillets with lemon juice from 2 of the lemon wedges. Place the fish on the broiler pan and broil for 3 to 5 minutes until the it is almost done, turning once during cooking time. Broil about 4 to 5 inches from the heating element.
- Sprinkle fish with almonds and broil for 1 or 2 minutes more, until the fish flakes with a fork. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve with remaining lemon wedges.
- You can see that this recipe is easily adjusted to server as few or as many people as needed.