Garlic Mashed Potatoes Recipe with Roasted Garlic2013-05-06
Average Member Rating
(4.9 / 5)
7 people rated this recipe
- Servings : 5 to 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 25m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat9
If you love garlic anywhere near as much as I do, you will love this garlic mashed potatoes recipe that uses roasted garlic.
It is easy to make and the garlic adds a beautiful rich garlicky flavor.
Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 2 pounds potatoes (or about 5 to 6 medium potatoes)
- large pot of salted water
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup milk or cream
- 3 to 4 cloves of roasted garlic (click here for directions for roasting garlic)
- salt and pepper to taste
Peel potatoes and cut into 2 inch chunks. Place in large pot of boiling salted water and boil for 15 minutes or until potatoes are soft when pierced with a fork.
Add roasted garlic cloves (squeezed out of their skins), milk and a bit of salt and pepper. Mash well with a potato ricer or masher, or an electric mixer until all is thoroughly combined and potatoes are fluffy. Add more salt and pepper if necessary.
- For a lower fat mashed potato, replace the milk with an equal amount of chicken or vegetable stock. Start with just 1/2 a cup of liquid and add the rest if needed.
- You can also cook the potatoes with the skins on, particularly if the skins are nice and thin. Just make sure the potatoes are well washed. The roasted garlic mashed potatoes shown above have been cooked with their skins on.
Mashed potatoes are such a classic. Everyone loves them.
The addition of garlic, another favorite flavor for most of us creates a real taste sensation.
This is comfort food at its absolute best!
These potatoes would make an excellent side dish for either of our meat loaf recipes.
If you like this recipe, I’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment and add your own favorite recipes below.