Here is a recipe for chili for a crowd submitted by Mavis McDonald from Duluth MN USA.
Mavis says: “You’ll need a big pot for this recipe. I made it when I worked at a ski resort. Serve it with shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream.”
Serve this tasty chili with large bowls of grated cheddar cheese and sour cream for topping. Fresh crusty rolls or garlic bread would top it off nicely. Make sure to have a few bottles of hot sauce for those who really like it hot.
It sure will feed a crowd! It starts with 20 pounds of ground beef! Great for large get togethers like church suppers, fundraising dinners, family reunions etc.
Chili For a Crowd
- 20 pounds ground beef
- 3 onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup cumin
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/4 cup ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup basil
- 1/4 cup celery seed
- 1/8 cup cayenne pepper
- 2/3 cup chili powder
- 1/4 cup oregano
- 2 #10 cans chopped tomatoes
- 4 #10 cans kidney beans
- 3 #10 cans tomato sauce
- 1 #10 can green chilies
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- either 1 package au jus mix or 1/2 cup beef base
- Brown ground beef with onions and garlic. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer, stirring occasionally until the beans are tender, about 1 hour to 1 1/4 hours.
Subscribe to the site here and never miss a great recipe.
If you don’t need chili for a crowd, but want a great chili recipe, look here.
Like this recipe? I’d love you to share it on your favorite social media. Thanks so much.